Friday, August 31, 2012

August Rain Totals

During summer break, I often go to my neighbor's house once a week for "Girls Time". On August 13th, we sat in the sweltering heat in her breezeway. The temperature suddenly dropped, the breeze kicked up, and a surprising little lightening storm swept in! It was wonderful! The drops were hitting so hard that they formed a little mist that blew against my arms, legs and even my face. It was delicious! The total rainfall from this gem of a storm was 4/10ths of an inch!

On August 18th, another sweet rain started up while I was at school setting up my room. I was hoping that it was also falling on my garden at home. Turns out we collected 2/10ths of an inch in the rain gauge. Later that night, another happy shower deposited 2/10ths of an inch more!

Other than that, we only had some teasing thunder in the distance, but I won't complain. 8/10ths of an inch of rain is good for August in Texas!

This picture was actually taken earlier this summer, but it looks nice here!

3 comments:

  1. Love the fractions! You should give your class a little bit of fraction problem solving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your comment. It had been put in a "spam" folder! Guess I know to check there now :).
      Yes, I could kill two birds with one stone, teach personal narrative and fractions at the same time! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. We'll keep praying and hoping for rain ...

    ReplyDelete