Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Long Absence - Bridging the Gap

It seems my last story was two years ago. I haven't disappeared, just gone into writing seclusion. I've struggled at how to go ahead with my stories until I have properly shared the events of these two years. How can I just relate my mundane thoughts as though nothing has happened? And yet a public display of emotion is a hard, but necessary step for me to continue as a writer.

Mark, my husband of 22 years passed away in late 2017 after a short, but intense fight with cancer. The few months leading up to his death were filled with worry, little sleep, constant vigilance and ended in total silence. I found myself in a new place I was not prepared to be. My life was upside down. I had wonderful support from God, family and friends but struggled in my head and heart!

My time was initially filled with the myriad of plans and details one has to deal with in this situation. Support swarmed around me to keep me from falling and help me muddle through. At some point, though, I have had to learn to navigate this new reality and stand on my own two feet. It has helped that I am an independent person and have lots of life skills! My job is also quite distracting in a good way. Downtime has been the hardest.

I still find a lot of humor and irony in life, something I shared with Mark who sharpened my wit over the years! I will take that forward and continue to share my stories. Thank you for caring enough to continue to read them!

Blessings!



Surprise pink bluebonnet because
stories are better with a picture!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing.
    Congrats on getting back into your blog.
    Prayers for continues comfort as you continue to miss him.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a great release for my random thoughts/events in the past. I have missed writing, but couldn't move forward without this post and it has taken me a long time to successfully compose it! Thanks for being part of my support team these last 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you!! So proud of you! Keep on keepin on! So proud of you! I totally think the more we talk and share our story, the easier we can navigate this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Getting your thoughts out of your head and cohesively down in writing is like going to a therapy session and talking it out with a psychologist!

      Delete
  4. Your calm and soothing nature comes out in every word. I love your blog and glad you’re back to it. And yes, the pink bluebonnet adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad to have seen you recently!

      Delete