Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Refreshing Showers!

The little rain cloud reminded me of an island surrounded by pale blue sky and wispy clouds. I watched as it approached through the valley! Would the rain make it here, or would the cloud dissipate? "Come on little cloud, you can do it!", I thought as I stood outside.

I watched the white curtain of rain as it shrouded each consecutive ridge in the distance. I thought of the places it had reached: Kutscher Ranch, Sunset Ranch, and finally our neighbor's property line. It was nearly here!

The first wisps of cool air blew in the smell of rain and finally big drops began to fall. I stood in the drops until they began to gather into a steady sheet of rain. This cool refreshment lasted only two minutes, but they were a wonderful two minutes!

Just as our land benefits from a refreshing shower, our soul benefits from the refreshment of God's word!


Psalm 68: 7-10 (NIV)

7 When you, God, went out before your people,
when you marched through the wilderness,[d]
8 the earth shook, the heavens poured down rain,
before God, the One of Sinai,
before God, the God of Israel.
9 You gave abundant showers, O God;
you refreshed your weary inheritance.
10 Your people settled in it,
and from your bounty, God, you provided for the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment